- Department Overview
- Biological Sciences Programs
- Student Opportunities
- Faculty and Staff
Scholarships and fellowships
Thinking about joining the biological sciences program and looking for a little financial help?
You may be eligible to receive one of the following scholarships:
- You must be an incoming freshman majoring in biological sciences with an ACT score of at least 25 to be eligible for this award. Students with ACT scores of 25 to 29 will receive a $400 scholarship, while students with ACT scores of 30 or above will receive a $250 scholarship.
Gale Hufham Scholarship
- You must be a rising junior or senior majoring in biological sciences to be eligible for this award.
- One outstanding student is selected to receive this $1,000 endowed scholarship each year by the Biological Sciences Scholarship Committee.
- This scholarship is named after Dr. Nord Gale, founding chair of the biological sciences department, and Dr. Jim Hufham, the first faculty member hired by Dr. Gale.
- You must be a rising junior or senior interested in a career in the health professions with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above to be eligible for this award. You must also have a FAFSA on file with the Student Financial Assistance Office.
- One outstanding student is selected to receive this $1,000 endowed scholarship each year by the Pre-medicine Advisory Committee.
- This scholarship was created in memory of Margaret Summers.